Re: [OM] OT - large format musings

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - large format musings
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 00:29:04 -0700
> From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> I mean, if there was any hope
> that there would be a decent digital back in the near future that didn't
> cost as much as my house, I would give it some more serious thought.

Surely, there must be some way to couple such a thing to an EVF body, no?

Besides the fact that the image circle and crop factor would be huge, one COULD
simply arrange to mount an EVF body to a large format body so the sensor is the
proper focal plane. An unwanted film holder, an Xacto knife, and a bit of duct
tape should do it. Anything else would involve either simply taking a picture
of the ground glass, or a ridiculous focal-reducer/speed-booster.

My Super Technika drum scans came out to about 580 megapixels, so even
full-frame sensors have a ways to go. (Although I doubt the
Schneider-Kreutznach lenses could resolve the 5400 samples per inch that the
Optronics Color Getter could resolve.)