Re: [OM] E-410/420 vs. E-500

Subject: Re: [OM] E-410/420 vs. E-500
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 16:04:09 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>The 510 offers Oly's first (?) IBIS, and why would you need the micro usb?
>Just use a card reader and you're good.

     The micro USB is convenient, and it avoids handling memory devices that
are sometime static-sensitive.  Plus you can damage the CF pins if you're not
careful.

>The 500 is indeed an earlier camera then the 410, which was introduced
>alongside the 510. The 410 being slightly more compact, but with the
>smaller battery (bls, like in the Pens) and without the IBIS. The kitlens
>changed to the smaller and well regarded 14-42mm.
>
>Outside North America they sold the 400 briefly. Same body like the
>410/420/450, but no live view. It had the last Kodak m43 sensor though.
>Nice for Ken ;-). They are quite cheap here in Europe (they all are).
>
>Why TIFF? You need RAW for most of the dymic range and colors, compared to
>more modern camera's you already compromise quite a bit (..;-) with an
>older sensor.

     Mmmm...  With the uncompressed TIFF I get one byte per colour per pixel,
about a 24M file size.  Now I get ALL of the available dynamic range and
colours without any compromise.  I cannot comprehend why they didn't retain
this feature in later models.

Chris