Re: [OM] E-410/420 vs. E-500

Subject: Re: [OM] E-410/420 vs. E-500
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 23:18:02 -0700
On 4/28/2017 4:04 PM, Chris Trask wrote:
The 510 offers Oly's first (?) IBIS, and why would you need the micro usb? Just use a card reader and you're good.
The micro USB is convenient,

Those cameras used a micro USB, not the Oly proprietary camera connector? I've
never had a 4/3 camera.

I find any set-up that requires me to connect the camera to the computer
inconvenient; tastes vary.

and it avoids handling memory devices that are sometime static-sensitive.

I think that is not a problem with CF cards. I never had any problem with them, of any kind. Actually bulletproof, according to one test.

Plus you can damage the CF pins if you're not careful.

The pins that can be damaged are in the socket, not the card. I did have to carefully bend a couple back - once - I learned my lesson.

What's funny is that you wore out the cable connector, where a failed reader or
card would be less cost and trouble.

Card Carrying Moose