Re: [OM] A9 review--hoping the next model would have been OM A7R111

Subject: Re: [OM] A9 review--hoping the next model would have been OM A7R111
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2017 08:51:34 -0700
> From: usher99@xxxxxxx
>
> I wonder if they will abandon the alt lens crowd now that they have fleshed
> out the lens stable more fully

That’s just what Sony does.

Just look at their history. Computers with proprietary RAM. Televisions with
proprietary ports, shared only with their vidcams and digicams.

I’m happy as a clam with my Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II. It will do 80 megapixels
with a tripod - which has almost become obsolete with their industry-best
in-body image stabilization of 5.5 stops.

You want to shoot old OM glass? IBIS is the way to go! I just spent a day
photographing indigenous native fruit trees in bloom for an ethnobotanist,
using the OM 135/4.5 macro and the telescoping extension tube, WITHOUT A TRIPOD!

You can program in your favourite ten manual lenses with the data needed for
IBIS, plus a descriptive string, and it puts that in the EXIF data, as well as
using it to stabilize 40-year-old lenses. I can hand-hold a 1:1 macro at under
1/60th!

I resigned myself to 4/3rds when it came out, but with micro 4/3rds and a
return to tiny, feature-filled bodies, The Love Is Back.

:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality Co-op <http://www.ecoreality.org/> ::::