Re: [OM] Nikon scanner service and repair

Subject: Re: [OM] Nikon scanner service and repair
From: Martin Walters <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2017 20:11:05 -0400
John:
Others on the list are no doubt more familiar with Vuescan than I. What I like is that you can save the preview scan (user-set up to 4000dpi), thereby avoiding the wear and tear of a second scan (you cannot with Nikon Scan on the V, at least). The preview and the scan can be set to the same resolution and the quality of the output is the same. I've also noted that Vuescan does much, much better in cleaning up Kodachrome slides (Nikon scan on the V was essentially useless).

The ability to use a high-resolution preview scan, as well as cleaning up Kodak slides, works well for me and speeds up the scanning and processing considerably.

Martin