[OM] Zeiss Luminar Lenses

Subject: [OM] Zeiss Luminar Lenses
From: Maggie <seaharvest@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2017 06:41:39 +1200
Hi all,

I am planning what, if I go ahead with it, will probably be the last major project of my life.

This is to do a photographic record of 600 or so of the major flowering plants of New Zealand.

The last time that I know of to do a volume of this degree and scope was Prof. J T Salmon with his wonderful "Native New Zealand Flowering Plants" with 252 pages and many wonderful photos.

Published 1991; ISBN 0-7900-0223-x

In another similar book he notes that he used two 35mm cameras (Zeiss Contarex Super and an Olympus OM1); also a Koni Omegaflex for photos of full-tree shots.

All of the (many) macro shots were taken (to use his words) using special Zeiss Luminar lenses in combination with electronic flash as the light source.

I'd not heard of Luminar lenses before this, and wonder if it might be worth my while to track some down for this project; and wonder how they would perform on OM digital - probably the M5.

See these pages - - - -

http://www.savazzi.net/photography/luminarversions.htm

http://www.savazzi.net/photography/photomacrolenses.htm

http://www.savazzi.net/photography/photomacrolenses2.htm