Re: [OM] An adventure in a McLaren 650 S supercar

Subject: Re: [OM] An adventure in a McLaren 650 S supercar
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayne.harridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2017 09:27:31 +1000
Looks great Brian !

...Wayne

-----Original Message-----
From: olympus
[mailto:olympus-bounces+wayne.harridge=structuregraphs.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
] On Behalf Of Maggie
Sent: Sunday, 7 May 2017 4:34 AM
To: Olympus List <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [OM] An adventure in a McLaren 650 S supercar

Today, 6 May 2017, for reasons of temporary insanity ( quite enjoyable once
you are there) I decided to be driven around a great new racetrack in a
McLaren 650S; for a fee of course. My wife's grand-daughter also went, as a
14th birthday present. Here are 11 images of our experience.
The drive is over all too quickly. It begins with spine-crushing
acceleration as, in a straight line, we get up to around 100 mph for
starters, then without a word of warning we were flung sideways in the VG
seats as we slid through the first of many corners. I have to admit to some
feelings of nausea for the first 10 seconds or so. The seat belting was very
like what is used for child car restraints, and partway through I tightend
up mine. I was amazed at the grip of the tyres. Many of the corners seemed
to be quite fierce. Gear-shifting was done through paddles on the steering
wheel and seemed to be very fast and precise.
The noise level was low inside as far as I remember (maybe the sound was
just left behind?) and outside the pitch of the engine as other subjects
were so treated, was quite exciting to me.

See

The links etc below tell more of the story. Cheers, Brian

http://www.highlands.co.nz

http://www.highlands.co.nz/action-experiences/supercarfastdash/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McLaren_650S

The McLaren 650S is powered by a 641hp, 3.8L Twin-Turbo V8. This machine can
reach 100 km/h in less than 3 seconds with you in the car!

---