[OM] Sometimes, Oly is cute . . .

Subject: [OM] Sometimes, Oly is cute . . .
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2017 13:58:13 -0700
"Feature Update 3.0: Download Your New E-M5 Mark II" is the headline of an
email I just received.

A reminder for those of us who forget that Update 2.0 brought really new features, mostly Focus Bracketing, that did make it seem like a new camera.

This isn't as ground breaking, but has nice things in it and reassures us that they haven't forgotten us who have so far eschewed the E-M1 II:

•     Now compatible with flash controller Profoto Air Remote TTL-O

•     Save and reload all camera settings / MySets using the Olympus Digital
Camera Updater

•     Midtone adjustment added in Highlight & Shadow control

•     Spot Metering point can now be linked to the AF point.

As befits Dr. No Flash, I don't even know what the first is about.

The second is a BIG DEAL to me. Fumble Fingers and firmware updates won't leave my puzzling through my notes to get back set up properly again. With two E-M5 II bodies, the prospect of syncing them without going through the menus together is exhilarating!

For last major update, they warned "When updating the firmware from version 1.x to 2.1, the camera settings are reset." There's no such warning for this update, so perhaps the update that fixes a problem won't, itself, cause that problem. :-)

The third doesn't add anything for me.

The fourth could be useful. I can think of at least a couple of occasions in the last few days where it should have made correct exposure in awkward lighting easier.

Info Moose