[OM] One down...

Subject: [OM] One down...
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2017 09:24:40 -0500
Once class down. Unlimited to go...

I'm sure this will be a complete surprise to everybody on this list,
but the final term paper was supposed to be somewhere around 8 pages.
Mine came in at 20 pages. 5245 words. That was actually down from
nearly 30, as I removed an entire section.

If this professor grades on the curve, the others are so screwed. ;)

Actually, it was rather cool, because I was able to combine several
things at once. I needed to write a paper for another class as well as
write an article for the corporate website. So... Why not do all three
at once?

In a nutshell, it was comparing computer hacking in 1983 with computer
hacking in 2017.

One of my daughters (they are now home for the summer from college)
proof read the thing for me and had about 2000 things to fix. Anyway,
she kept writing "source?" on item after item. After a few pages, she
realized that this wasn't "book knowledge".

:)

AG Schnozz