Re: [OM] Zeiss Luminar Lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Zeiss Luminar Lenses
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2017 20:25:31 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx

<<<Are you saying the back end fits an OM film camera?

Exactly!!!!!  The Mirex tilt-shift for OM is a "One Of", I am told.

<<<But you're severely constrained in x-pol work, because the twin lights must
be
<<<oriented so they have the same polarization.

<<<With the 38 (and 20), I imagine you'd have to tape a bit of polarizing
material
<<<(in the proper orientation) to the front of the lens. You should be able to
do
<<<that without messing up the lens, as the front element is recessed.

Please elaborate how to configure that.  I  vaguely remember Dean's rig.
The 49mm filter threads are set waaaaay back from the Front ele on the 38/2.8
macro but perhaps a 32mm pol will slip on?  I don't remember trying that but
alan wood site suggests that might work???.

http://www.alanwood.net/photography/olympus/macro-lens-38-28.html

It is nice to be able to tune the specular highlights rather than all or none.

Trying to uncross signals on Xpol technique, Mike