Re: [OM] IMGs: Another New Bike Route

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGs: Another New Bike Route
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2017 11:29:09 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson     We have some interesting adaptations of bike
paths being installed along streets over in Mesa that connects that canal path
system to the Riverside ballpark, spring training camp for the Chicago Cubs.
These street paths were necessary as the canal passes through the Mesa Country
Club, which is private property, and the snotty blue bloods don't want low life
cyclists around.

     I waiting for the street construction to be completed so that the workers,
equipment, and barricades will be out of the way.  This is going to be a
wonderful showcase for cycling/traffic separation.

     When they're done with that, there's a mile long connection to be done
along a storm runoff canal.  Most of the grading and lighting installation has
been done, they just need to shift the equipment and workers over to pave that
section.

     That stretch will also tie into a riverside path that was opened just last
month.  With that you can get to the Phoenix canal paths, which will take you
all the way to Glendale.  Tempe is right now putting the finishing touches on
an underpass, and soon they will begin work on the next (and last) one.  Those
will eliminate crossing busy streets.

Chris