Re: [OM] OT: Now What??

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Now What??
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 10:30:40 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Now that I've taken a good deal of time to look into this matter, it
appears that the problem is with the antivirus itself and not some sinister
plot by 19CL, though they are always suspect.  According to their website, this
problem of the updating, both automatic and manual, has been taking place for
many years over many versions, and they provide a page where you can manually
download an update package that is updated every four hours.  This may actually
be beneficial as I can download that package just once and then update as many
machines as I care to while offline.

     To update the software itself you need to download the latest version,
uninstall what you haven then install the new version.

     Sort of like finding a smoking gun in the Oval Office.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson