Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 18: work and cycling

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 18: work and cycling
From: "Michael R. Collins" <MRC.OlympusList@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 16:59:48 -0400
Speaking of cross-continent cycling trips... we've become fans of a local (Toronto) Latina singer named Amanda Martinez <http://www.amandamartinez.ca/>. She's a Torontonian because her father and his brother did this in 1956:

<May 1, 1956. Two brothers, Arturo and Gustavo Martinez, leave their hometown in central Mexico with the desire to cross the continent on bicycle. Eighty-two days later, they arrive in Toronto, not knowing this feat would change the entire route of their lives and of their family tree...> as documented in the film "Ciclo" <http://diasporafilmfest.com/2013/10/09/ciclo-cycle/>. Movie described here <https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/2014/07/24/mexico_to_canada_in_82_days.html>.

Not likely to be able to do that today :-( . Except...

in 2015, Toronto cyclist John Murtaugh did the reverse, Toronto to San Miguel de Allende in Mexico as a fundraiser: <http://cyclingmagazine.ca/sections/news/john-murtaugh-who-set-out-from-toronto-in-september-for-mexico-has-arrived-at-his-destination/>.

Michael