Re: [OM] Pick a Metro

Subject: Re: [OM] Pick a Metro
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 12:26:19 -0500
> I once would have said close but no cigar, but I'm beginning to think
> differently about Tulsa. The big TV preachers in Tulsa don't seem to spend
> much time in airport restrooms buying drugs and services from gay
> prostitutes, although if they did, I think the Tulsans would be as for
> giving as the folks in the Springs.

That's because when the Tulsa preachers are in an airport, it's only
to get on or off their brand new Gulfstream.

As to that particular preacher you mentioned, while I'm no fan of his,
it's quite interesting that he was actually quite consistent and not
too hypocritical. Generally speaking, he wouldn't preach against LGBT
issues. It was his style to preach what he was for, not against. I
knew him way back before his church took off and always appreciated
that he was a bit of an out-of-box thinker. Certainly not traditional
mindset. But I think that mode of thinking is what led him astray.

One of the most important things he did was make that church not about
him. He put in place a leadership team and a mechanism to deal with
what happened long before it ever happened. The church is still
thriving today.

You can call him many things, but self-serving hypocrite probably
wouldn't be the first thing I would call him.

When it comes to Colorado Springs Whack-Jobs and Nut-Cases, he barely
cracks the top ten.

AG Schnozz