Re: [OM] Pick a Metro

Subject: Re: [OM] Pick a Metro
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 11:48:15 -0700
On 5/24/2017 9:56 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
In two minutes, why Texas? Mexican food, South by Southwest, rivers and lakes,
lower cost of living, no state income tax, Good Universities/Systems, lower
housing cost, lower energy prices, centrally located, Austin, Dallas, San
Antonio, Houston (if you can't get there from these, you don't need to go there
anyway,) great BBQ, great economy, growing high tech ....
Oh, and a friend with a great wet darkroom and extra bed rooms. Need I say more?

Trust me, it's tempting. At this moment, Denver is in the lead. It
looks like we may be out there for about a month this summer, so we'll
need to find two things:

1. A place to live that we both like AND can afford.
2. An opportunity for her that will keep her busy, happy and mostly
out of trouble.

The opportunities for me are mostly right around the DTC, so that
means we'll land on the south or east side. Anywhere from Ken Carl . . . We'd
probably stay more west. . . And if
we're down there, it's literally a matter of five minutes and you're in the
mountains.

Mountains... Glorious Mountains!

Glorious indeed.

The friend who married us is Minister of the Columbine UU Church near there.
Possibly the wrong mix? :-)

Good luck with finding the right place!

Stayin' Put Moose