Re: [OM] Pick a Metro

Subject: Re: [OM] Pick a Metro
From: Bill Barber via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 18:25:07 -0400
Cc: Bill Barber <nsurit@xxxxxxx>

Ken-
My brother lives in Canyon Ranch. He says that they've just started
construction on 470, adding one normal lane and one HOV lane in each direction.
Construction is being delayed a bit because there's a paved bike path on one
side that has to be relocated first.

Yes, there is lots of construction on Texas highways, but it was started years
ago and much of it is done.

Unlike many other parts of the country, construction (roads, houses, commercial
buildings, etc) is a 12 month a year proposition due to our warm weather.
Immigrants from Mexico do have an affect on cost of living. They seem to be
willing to bust their ass (read that as work) doing jobs that some are
unwilling to do. Bill Barber