Re: [OM] OT: Air Travel

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Air Travel
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 20:29:49 -0700
It's not the tickets it's the fact that nobody knows WTF is going on with the border crossing. Schools are canceling field trips and sporting events in Canada because they can't risk being held up at the border with a bus load of kids. Latino kids are afraid to go and schools are sensitive enough to not stigmatize them. Can't really say, "everyone but the brown skinned kids can go".

In my daughter's case she works for Spring Street International School (http://springstreet.org/) For the foreign trips the foreign students must depart from SEA while the rest of the kids go up to YVR which is a little cheaper and logistics are easier. Bottom line, it cost more money and time.

Since when is Dump dictating the price of air tickets out of Vancouver [BC], International airport ?

jh

As I write my daughter is in the air rumbo Belize City > SEA. She, my son-in-law and Amanda the spanish teacher have been riding herd on 9 high school students for 3 wks in Guatemala and Belize. Due to the wisdom of our new POTUS some of the students can't take advantage of cheaper flights out of YVR and must fly into SEA which is more expensive and requires an extra overnight stay. This requires getting two rooms since male/female can't share. And two pickup/dropoff. Considerable extra time and expense.
!@#$%