Re: [OM] Science and Speculation [was "Moonrise, Hernandez, New Mexico"

Subject: Re: [OM] Science and Speculation [was "Moonrise, Hernandez, New Mexico" @ AGO in Toronto]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 15:15:54 -0700
On 6/20/2017 5:57 PM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
That's all on you, Moose.

I accept full responsibility.

I mentioned Tyson's name in passing in a post about photography and BAM! we're
exchanging well-mannered rants. 😁

Truth is and always has been relative.

A relative of whom, or what?

Facts are facts. Go!

Nah, mental constructs, hypotheses treated as fact so we aren't paralyzed.

Check out "The Neurotic's Guide to Avoiding Enlightenment: How the Left-Brain Plays Unending Games of Self-Improvement", by Chris Niebauer. (Terrible title for a great book. And, it's short.) Although it comes from a different angle, his ideas about the relationship between consciousness and reality rather closely agree in most respects with those I've come to.

Then let me know how many facts you are sure of.

Gone Moose