Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 12/6/2017: Brussels, ugly and beautiful

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 12/6/2017: Brussels, ugly and beautiful
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 09:52:49 +0100
I missed this two weeks ago, Nathan, but have to belatedly thank you for
reminding me of the name of the restaurant where I too was treated to a dinner
at the end of an interesting couple of days in Brussels to launch the Eastern
Europe network of a professional services firm. We had prepared separate
presentations for clients and the press, and it is the second which sticks in
my mind. One journalist turned up, from De Telegraaf, speaking only Flemish.
Where were the expected, invited correspondents from WSJ, FT, Le Monde,
Frankfurter Allgemeine etc? Well, we had simply chosen the wrong day to launch
- 17 January 1991 was the day GWB chose to  launch Desert Storm :-(

Not entirely unsuccessful, however, as the dinner was splendid, and contacts I
made at the dinner led to a career modification which has brought me to where I
am now - all is well that ends well. But La Maison du Cygne is where it all
began - I could remember the date, but not the name, so thank you!

Piers