Re: [OM] More Wednesday Flowers

Subject: Re: [OM] More Wednesday Flowers
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2017 23:10:49 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Tough call.  In the big scheme of things bringing both is not that hard
compared to FF lenses.  I would bet someone has tested the 12-60 on Oly bodies
for the UV issue. Perhaps MFT forum on FM if none hear has tested that.
I think you tested CU diopters on the 12-100 at 100mm but don't recall the
results. Synch IS and handling on the E-M1 mk11 was excellent. The PL is tack
sharp even into the corners wide open at 12mm but is only F2.8 at 12mm as you
know.  One can see a tad of onion skinning in the bokeh, but that is getting
picky.  The PL 12-60 I think has 9 aperture blades and the Oly 12-100  7--the
latter doesn't do sunstars well and usually need at least F16.  I don't know
about the PL but someone does. Ironically older lenses with straight aperture
blades tend to have nicer sunstars but I think that adversely affects the
bokeh.

No free lunch, Mike