Re: [OM] IMG: Working With the iPhone

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Working With the iPhone
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2017 00:09:33 -0700
On 6/30/2017 7:27 AM, Chris Trask wrote:
As I have commented previously, I find the iPhone 6 to be quite
capable.  Here, I cropped an informal portrait from a shot made 10-12
feet away.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20170626-IMG_0892-2.JPG.html

      I'm constantly impressed with the quality of the photos taken by these
newer iPhones.

I'm constantly un-impressed, sometimes even de-pressed, by the quality of the photos taken by these newer iPhones. Yes, I have the same camera module in my SE as Jim has in his 6s.

Jim's shot is a perfectly good snap, certainly better than the Instamatic of long ago. But the crop shows artifacts of various sorts and serious loss of detail, most easily seen in the hair.

If all I want is snaps . . . It does work great for Alt looks. I like Paper
Camera.

We had rats in our attic crawl space. The folks removing the debris and old insulation missed an area. I took pix with my phone. They were just awful. Beyond PS rescue. Did I do something wrong? I dunno; isn't it supposed to just take pix? Climbed up with the ZS50 (built-in flash), great, clear pix. Didn't do anything special, just P&S.

I. Q. Moose