Re: [OM] OM10D

Subject: Re: [OM] OM10D
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2017 11:58:12 -0700
On 7/2/2017 11:13 AM, ChrisB wrote:
Ah, there’s a good point, Moose: could I have done better?

Well probably not, but I might have been able to take note of all the comments,
suggestions and complaints to improve things, which I believe is what happened with
Fuji’s cameras.

A two sided coin. I can pick up an Oly digi of any generation/age, and use the menus easily. It's a reason why the big guns, with large pro user bases, don't change their menus and basic operations. Heavy duty users HATE changes in menus/operation with model changes.

It may be less than ideal, perhaps even a bit dysfunctional, but mind/eyes and
fingers know just how to use it.

I do know that Oly’s products have improved immeasurably over the last few years, and
not only because you have mentioned some of its products once or twice ;-).  But I am now
engaged with Fuji’s kit and unlikely to change

50/50?

Fuji makes great cameras and lenses. They just don't do some things that I have
come to highly value and use extensively.

  (or buy any more).

ROTFLOL

And I like the hood on that E-PL2 . . .

It was with a tinge of regret that I let it move on. Handsome, but I had kept it past the time when it had become outdated for my needs.

The lens with that hood, however, is still in the drawer, but destined to also move on with my next KEH sale of my surplus gear. Oly does not include hoods with most lenses - really annoying - but many of their hoods are rectangular like that one. Some are 'tulips', like the adjacent 14-150, and a few are round. The sliding round one for the 60/2.8 Macro is particularly clever and useful.

There are after market hoods of similar appearance for many filter ring sizes. They are adjustable, to get the correct angle.

Hooded Moose