[OM] Auto Lens Caps[was Idyll - Before the Fall]

Subject: [OM] Auto Lens Caps[was Idyll - Before the Fall]
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 18:03:45 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<Yes, there is a tiny amount of vignetting, wide open at 12 mm.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/AutoLensCaps/AutoLensCap.htm>
<<Gone by 13 mm.

<<The JJC version is advertised as for the Panny lens, too. As they had a
returned one for $10, and I wouldn't mind one for each lens, I bought it. Will
<<report.

No emails at work due to some oddball certificate issue for McAfee  on IE
unless on my phone which is much too painful but developed a workaround.

Aaah, afraid of the vignetting.  Thanks for the super analysis. Still an
ingenious thought and very Moose-like  to try it.  A perfect match for the
cam/lens.  I read the Free-mod flavor of this autocap also does vignette a tad
at 12 and 13mm wide open.  I looked around about the JJC and no reports of
vignetting but it does rub the front of the lens.  Some keep some sort of ring
or filter on it to save the lens.  Will await a full MSA  (Moose seal of
approval) or lack thereof.

Shine light in those dark corners, Mike