Re: [OM] Auto Lens Caps[was Idyll - Before the Fall]

Subject: Re: [OM] Auto Lens Caps[was Idyll - Before the Fall]
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 19:01:34 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<<<<Not perfect, but way better than the Oly.
<<<<<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/AutoLensCaps/AutoLensCap.htm>

Another excellent analysis--rather subtle but clearly vignetting is present.
My crazy hood is worse. Whether it is worth automating correction with
Cornerfix, I don't know.

https://sites.google.com/site/cornerfix/

MG wrote:  Some keep some sort of ring or filter on it to save the lens.

<<<<Just no idea . . . . . . Was there an early version?

I think from what I read they referred to rubbing on the edge--plastic part as
best I could discern.  They wished to avoid blemishes on the plastic.
FE rubbing would be a design death knell. I should have posted the link.

Conditional MSA noted.  I love 12mm for unclear reasons.  The 12-32 has a fair
amount of its own vignetting that is ameliorated by metadata.

Still something hiding in the corners, Mike