[OM] Nathan's PAD 22/7/2017: the cemetery in Busot

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 22/7/2017: the cemetery in Busot
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2017 15:29:40 +0200
Because it is hot today and I had some pain in my knee this morning, I did only
a short 50 km ride this morning, through the mountain villages of Aigues and
then Busot that form my most frequent weekday route. In Busot, I cycled up to
the hilltop cemetery to have a look there. In most of the villages in the hilly
interior of Alicante province (and elsewhere in Spain too), the cemetery is at
the highest point of the village. I imagine it is to avoid flooding of the
cemetery during the often violent rains in the winter.

The entrance:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-kBT5mzH/A

The graves and the mountains:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-8HcQt4L/A

The dead (and the living when they visit) have a great view. The road down
below is also a standard route for me:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-m7VhMg7/A
(spot the cyclist if you can)

Cheers,