Re: [OM] wtd: mirrorless body for mostly zuiko love

Subject: Re: [OM] wtd: mirrorless body for mostly zuiko love
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2017 21:51:10 -0700
On 7/23/2017 8:36 PM, Nicholas Travers wrote:
Greetings folks,

I'm generally a lurker here, but am in a moment of need and wanted to ask
this corner of my community for help replacing some gear.
My quiver of Zuiko's have been at home on my sony nex for the past 3
years.  Which recently took a tumble with my tripod - busted the tripod,
the camera, and dinged up my zuiko 50 macro.  (anyone need some scrap
carbon fiber tubes?)

OUCH!
Sorry to hear that.

I am wondering if someone might have a mirrorless digital body for under
$100, ideal price is $75.  I have been looking for a nex 3n, but am open to
other options from Olympus, Lumix, Fuji etc..

Isn't Nex your only choice that doesn't involve outlays for an adapter or adapters? If $25 makes a difference, I imagine adapter $ would too?

I see KEH has a 5N in + condition for $115. I know very little about that series of bodies, but it looks like the 5N is a step up from 3N? From them, you get a 90 day warranty, so you can be sure it all works properly and be covered if not.

I am also open to offers/recommendations for a digital SLR to use my zuikos on.

Simple - no.

DSLRs are terrible compared to mirrorless for adapted MF lenses. Did a bit of
Live View on my 60D - hated it.

The simple, quality answer is what it's been for some time, Sony A7. If you don't need IS, the original A7 is the OM-5D everyone asked for back when. With FF sensor, you get back all of your old OM lenses, not just their central portions. Mine works well with all sorts of adapted MF lenses

Unfortunately, as the only FF game in town, they have held a lot of value.

No Mirrors Moose