Re: [OM] Eyes

Subject: Re: [OM] Eyes
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2017 10:15:09 -0400
Thanks, Ken.  It's good to know you have recovered.  I was wearing only
Birkenstocks all the time and Tom is convinced that's what caused my
problems.  I found the old orthotics that had been prescribed 10 years ago
and put them in a pair of tennis shoes with good support.  That's what I'm
wearing now and it does seem to help.  The boot thing I wore last night
helped more than anything.  I couldn't put any weight on my foot yesterday
and today it's about 60% better.

I love my Birkenstocks but I guess I'll put them in the back of the closet
for awhile!

Tina

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 10:09 AM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm mostly healed up (pun not intended) from a severe bout of Planter
> Fasciitis. I had it in both feet at the same time, but far worse in my
> left foot. In the research I did, I found a couple of potential causes
> in my case as well as treatments and aids.
>
> What likely aggravated mine (cause is a mystery, but there are
> triggers that can turn it on) is a pair of running shoes that were too
> stiff through the arch-support area and forced all the bending at the
> ball of the foot. Long story short, I had to throw away an otherwise
> perfectly fine pair of expensive running shoes.
>
> I switched off to two entirely different types of footwear. The hiking
> boots, which are really stiff soled, but provided significant foot and
> ankle bracing and multiple pairs of running shoes that all bend evenly
> from heal to toe. I actually ended up buying three entirely different
> pairs of shoes and two different arch-supports, Dr Shoals thingies, as
> well as continuing to use my custom orthodics. On any given day or
> even hour, my feet would demand a different shoe-support combination.
> I was constantly switching them around.
>
> Healing takes about a year whether you do everything you can to heal
> up fast or just let it be. Miserable thing it is. I normally walk or
> jog 3-5 miles a day and that came to a screeching halt when I could
> barely hobble to the bathroom.
>
> Needless to say, my photography did suffer.
>
> AG Schnozz
> --

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com