Re: [OM] Eyes

Subject: Re: [OM] Eyes
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2017 07:22:57 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     A few years ago I managed to bruise a heel bone while hiking, and the
discomfort caused me to stop wearing western riding boots for about six months.
 I had to resort to wearing sneakers instead.  After the injury healed I
continued wearing sneakers as they were more comfortable than the riding boots
for casual wear.

      Recently I came across a pair of Skechers loafers in a thrift store and
found that they are even more comfortable as the fit very nicely around the
arch and are more flexible, almost like wearing gloves.  I have since found a
couple more pairs and wear them regularly, though I still wear the riding boots
when I want to dress up.

>I'm mostly healed up (pun not intended) from a severe bout of Planter
>Fasciitis. I had it in both feet at the same time, but far worse in my
>left foot. In the research I did, I found a couple of potential causes
>in my case as well as treatments and aids.
>
>What likely aggravated mine (cause is a mystery, but there are
>triggers that can turn it on) is a pair of running shoes that were too
>stiff through the arch-support area and forced all the bending at the
>ball of the foot. Long story short, I had to throw away an otherwise
>perfectly fine pair of expensive running shoes.
>
>I switched off to two entirely different types of footwear. The hiking
>boots, which are really stiff soled, but provided significant foot and
>ankle bracing and multiple pairs of running shoes that all bend evenly
>from heal to toe. I actually ended up buying three entirely different
>pairs of shoes and two different arch-supports, Dr Shoals thingies, as
>well as continuing to use my custom orthodics. On any given day or
>even hour, my feet would demand a different shoe-support combination.
>I was constantly switching them around.
>
>Healing takes about a year whether you do everything you can to heal
>up fast or just let it be. Miserable thing it is. I normally walk or
>jog 3-5 miles a day and that came to a screeching halt when I could
>barely hobble to the bathroom.
>
>Needless to say, my photography did suffer.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson