Re: [OM] What do you think of slingbags?

Subject: Re: [OM] What do you think of slingbags?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2017 22:46:30 -0700
Jan writes:
<<Y’know, I’ve never felt comfortable with anything but a waist bag for active
<<<shooting.

I see your point and have the same thought. Marnie has assiduously attempted to
de-geek her endocrinologist husband for quite a few years with modest success
at best.
Moose had something similar at one point and was able to pull it off in style,
but few others can hope to do so.

LOL
(Yes, I just did, well, chuckled.)

Marnie might veto that on our trips  together but would be OK for my other
jaunts chasing critters or what not.
:-D

A sling bag was the worst bag mistake I've made. I did the usual, tried on and off in the store, visualized using it in the field, and so on, but apparently sold myself a bad bag of goods. It's the only bag I've gone to the trouble of selling. All others so far get the benefit of the future use perfection clause.

One way I get it wrong in in thinking of transport bag as field bag. The way I really work is with two bags. One bag carries the two primary bodies with lenses mounted, a filter pouch and bag of spare batteries and SD cards. When I go out to take pictures, the cameras ago around my neck, the filters on my belt and the batteries in a pocket; the bag stays where I unloaded it.

The second, smaller bag, carries lenses, microflash, cleaning supplies, hoohahas and whatnots. I've been carrying that stuff in a small shoulder bag. I can sling it over my head, under the camera straps, slide it back on my back or forward to rummage about in it.

I'm currently trying out using a waist pack (My trusty Lowepro Photorunner) as
second bag.

The fly in my ointment is when I want to use a small prime in place of a large zoom on one body. Then where does the big lens go? Same problem as with your vest. The bag that comes with the 100-400 is sturdy, but light, and may be folded up to stuff it somewhere. With a Nite Ize "S" hook, it could hang off of bag, belt, etc. The down side is it's hardly padded.

Probably can fit MFT mostly in my photo vest except the 100-400.  Then there is
the OM kit and FF digital.  I had better get cracking figuring this out.
Marnie has a very aesthetic pack already but not sure it is quite right for the
next trip either.  Sometimes the kits drive the bag or the bag drives the kits.

The endless ebb and flow of the Universe. I have the absolutely perfect bag for casual kit of GM5, 14-140, 42.5/1.7, filter, C-U lens and spare battery - and I wonder if the kit has yet gone out of the house in it. :-)

If I can bring yet another doo-dad because there is room, it usually gets thrown
in---"just in case."

Of course!

Hmmm,

Whats My Bag Moose