[OM] OT: Musical Browsers

Subject: [OM] OT: Musical Browsers
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 17:48:12 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Lately I've been experiencing a gradual slowdown in the use of my
EarthLink webmail.  Two hours ago it became fully inaccessible, yet there was
no notice of outage on their home page.  So, I gave it a try using IE11, and
everything appears to be working fine.

     This is ridiculous.  Years ago I switched over to using Firefox as it was
more stable than IE, but now it appears that a number of websites are actively
screening out one browser or another.  It was already difficult to make full
use of evilBay as certain functions, such as the messaging and feedback
systems, would not work at all with Firefox but worked fine with IE if I was on
a wifi connection.

     So who is it that's making us victims in a high stakes browser war?
Microsoft?  Google?  Mozilla?