Re: [OM] Birdies

Subject: Re: [OM] Birdies
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017 15:16:49 -0700
On 7/30/2017 1:35 PM, John Hudson wrote:
When I saw the subject title I mused about whether Moose had had an exceptional
day on the links :-)

Never even thought of that.

Golf is not part of my life, or even something I think about. My dad loved it, even though he never got to play after about age 28-9, when he 'threw his back out", not for the first time, on the course, which turned out to be a ruptured disk. But he could spend hours on a Sunday watching other people play.

I tried it in college. I had the basic physical aptitude, but just didn't find it interesting. Just as in the various versions of the quote: "Golf, a good walk ruined.", attributed to many people, I think "Golf course, a good park, ruined."

I don't mind the interest of others, but it's just not up in my mind.

Un Linked Moose