[OM] IMG: "Don Giovanni" performed by marionettes

Subject: [OM] IMG: "Don Giovanni" performed by marionettes
From: Peter Klein <boulanger.croissant@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 22:03:06 -0700
No, I'm not kidding.  And it was great!

The National Marionette Theatre of the Czech Republic regularly performs Mozart's "Don Giovanni," conducted by a puppet of Mozart himself. I had not planned on photographing it, and there was a pictorial sign that could have been interpreted as either "no cameras with flash," or "no cameras, period." I noticed several people taking photos with their cellphones, despite another sign that seemed to say "no cellphones." But the ushers didn't stop them. So I figured, if they can, I can. So I discretely took pictures during the second act. All I had was my 40mm equivalent lens, so I had to crop drastically, and someone's head obstructed a bit of my view on the right. I pressed the shutter button anyway. Here's a few of the best shots.

The wronged ladies. Donna Elvira,  Don Ottavio, Donna Anna, and Zerlina,

Donna Elvira implores Don Giovanni to mend his lecherous ways. ...Leporello has clearly heard it all before.

The Commendatore drags Don Giovanni to Hell

"I will find a better master," sings Leporello (on riser) with the rest of the cast.

Mozart wants to finish the Epilogue, but the custodian wants to wrap things up.