[OM] IMG: "Don Giovanni" performed by marionettes

Subject: [OM] IMG: "Don Giovanni" performed by marionettes
From: Peter Klein <boulanger.croissant@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 22:03:06 -0700
No, I'm not kidding.  And it was great!

The National Marionette Theatre of the Czech Republic regularly performs Mozart's "Don Giovanni," conducted by a puppet of Mozart himself. I had not planned on photographing it, and there was a pictorial sign that could have been interpreted as either "no cameras with flash," or "no cameras, period." I noticed several people taking photos with their cellphones, despite another sign that seemed to say "no cellphones." But the ushers didn't stop them. So I figured, if they can, I can. So I discretely took pictures during the second act. All I had was my 40mm equivalent lens, so I had to crop drastically, and someone's head obstructed a bit of my view on the right. I pressed the shutter button anyway. Here's a few of the best shots.

The wronged ladies. Donna Elvira,  Don Ottavio, Donna Anna, and Zerlina,
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/35526029464/in/dateposted-public/>

Donna Elvira implores Don Giovanni to mend his lecherous ways. ...Leporello has clearly heard it all before.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/36224992101/in/dateposted-public/>

The Commendatore drags Don Giovanni to Hell
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/35526029494/in/dateposted-public/>

"I will find a better master," sings Leporello (on riser) with the rest of the cast.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/35526029384/in/dateposted-public/>

Mozart wants to finish the Epilogue, but the custodian wants to wrap things up.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/36317266296/in/dateposted-public/>

Enjoy!
--Peter