Re: [OM] IMG: Gen. Hap Arnold

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Gen. Hap Arnold
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2017 20:34:06 -0700
On 8/7/2017 2:15 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
General Hap Arnold, along with Dr. Theodore von Karman and a few others, were responsible for the creation of Arnold Engineering Development Center, to get the United States capable of performing state of the art aeronautical and engine research. A few years ago I received an award plaque that contained a caricature of Gen. Arnold by noted cartoonist Milton Caniff. I have always thought of it as a beautiful example of his work. Perhaps a few of you are old enough to recall his "Terry and the Pirates" and "Steve Canyon" comic strips.

I do, As I recall, I preferred Terry, even though there never seemed to be any pirates, but wasn't sure what was going on in either much of the time.

Cushlamochree Moose