Re: [OM] OT: American Refugees in Canada

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: American Refugees in Canada
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2017 10:26:31 -0300
People commute regularly between the USA and Canada without even leaving the privacy of their own homes !

Just a week or two ago our press carried a story about a couple looking to sell their home in Quebec. The front door was accessed from the Canadian side and the back door opened up into the USA with the border splitting the house in two.

To get into the back door from the front of the house the owners had to go via US Customs down the road.

Sounds funny? Not really. US Customs was serious. Break the rules and get caught the owners could have been looking at a US$5,000 fine per incident.

Seems that the trouble started with the in-house border problem was when Trump took up as POTUS.

No news update on whether the sellers have found a buyer.

jh