Re: [OM] Upcoming total solar eclipse in US

Subject: Re: [OM] Upcoming total solar eclipse in US
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 15:07:45 -0700
On 8/14/2017 10:23 AM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
I hate to admit it, but events like eclipses, meteor showers etc. leave me
pretty cold.

I thought I should be excited about it. I tried to be excited about it. I worked on where to go for totality and chance of clear skies. It's a place we've visited and enjoyed before.

But somehow, it was more like work than fun. I could try lying to myself, but I wasn't really looking forward to it. Part could be that it Carol's ankle wasn't going to be fully right for a lengthy Turtle trip?

The some old friends from Maine asked if we would be available to host them
that weekend. We chose friends.

Will I feel I've missed the proverbial "once in a lifetime experience"? I somehow doubt it. And we have an alternate experience lined up.

Un Eclipsed Moose