Re: [OM] IMG: The Great Spangled Fritillary

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: The Great Spangled Fritillary
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 10:06:46 -0700
On 8/15/2017 12:41 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
I found this colorful visitor at the Buddleia this morning. It appears to be a Great Spangled Fritillary, shown here in three views:

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20170815-DSCF4077.JPG.html

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20170815-DSCF4107.JPG.html

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20170815-DSCF4159.JPG.html

What a pretty critter!

Love the pose and color of the first at small size. Larger size is over processed, to my eye, with granular artifacts. It might be more attractive with less effort to clarify detail?

The other two work at both sizes.

This was manual focusing with the Leica-R Elmarit 90mm.

Colorful Moose