[OM] Two week report

Subject: [OM] Two week report
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2017 18:52:32 -0800
It's now been two weeks since landing in Anchorage. It's been a pretty
incredible experience. Photographically, since leaving Iowa, I've shot
2200 pictures. All digital, but that's because of logistics as I have
no film processing capability at the moment or scanners.

The condo/duplex we're renting is in Eagle River and we have a
fantastic view of the mountains up and down the valley with the
glacier just visible over the roof of a house across the street. The
mountain scene keeps changing every five minutes and I'm burning
pixels keeping up with it.

The job is very good. Of course there are issues, but they aren't
systemic like the former employer. I'm making a difference and having
fun at it.

We're sleeping on an air-mattress for a few weeks until the stuff gets
here. Little first-world challenges that keep us humble.

While the crime rate in Anchorage is a little higher than normal, it's
pretty normal where we're at and it's what you would expect in an area
with this kind of population. Eagle River, where we live, is yuppy
central and that's just fine with us. While Alaska seems like it's
totally frontier to most people, Anchorage is as normal of a 350,000
city as you could find and the lower-48 seems frontier to us here.

Coffee and fishing are religion.

This is rapidly becoming home for us.

AG Schnozz