[OM] OT: Hurricanes

Subject: [OM] OT: Hurricanes
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 06:38:54 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Yikes!  This is one of the busiest hurricane seasons that I can recall,
I'm presently keeping track of six tropical storms, two of which are of
immediate concern:

Hurricane Norma:  Presently a tropical storm, Norma will make landfall on the
southern half of the Baja peninsula on Tuesday, then quickly dissipate over
northern Mexico.

Hurricane Jose:  Yep, still here.  Jose is forecast to make landfall on Cape
Cod on Wednesday, possibly as a category 2 storm.  It will then head towards
Nova Scotia and merge with the jet stream.

     And a third that is just now on the horizon:

Hurricane Lee:  This one reached tropical depression status late yesterday
about 300 miles south of the Cape Verde Islands.  It will reach tropical storm
status in the next 24 hours.  GFS presently has it making landfall near
Charleston a week from Monday as a strong category 2 or weak category 3 storm,
though it's really difficult to say.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson