[OM] Don't Skip the Skipper

Subject: [OM] Don't Skip the Skipper
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 10:56:15 -0700
After some hot, sweaty work in the back, I took a shower, then took a book and chair out in the front to enjoy the last of the sun. I intentionally didn't take a camera.

So, of course, a Skipper played around right in front of me, teasing until I went and got the camera. Oddly enough, it continued to pose once I was ready. :-)

It chose to sit very still, but for its tongue, while I captured it feeding on a Coreopsis blossom. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=22394>

It didn't linger on the Lavender, so this is not a stack and has limited DoF, but I like the way the angle of the sun highlights the ready to fly wing configuration. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=22401>

Then, for no reason I can think of other than posing, it landed on a Star Jasmine branch and just sat for a long time. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=22396>

Skipper Moose