Re: [OM] Marsh and Chugach Mountains

Subject: Re: [OM] Marsh and Chugach Mountains
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 12:50:57 -0800
> I've been enjoying this series of your new home. For a while there, I
> thought I was going to have to suggest that you get a new camera. There was
> something subtly off.

Most of the shots are with the Canon 6D. That should explain the
"subtly off" and the flat mid-tones.

At some point I will get a new camera, but my goal is to literally
wear these ones out first. The 6D will be north of 300k shutter
actuations before the end of the year. The E-1, E-3 and L1 are all
getting a firm workout too.

As I've been processing images, I've noted that the 6D has the widest
effective dynamic range, but the L1 and E-1 have the most usable
dynamic range. The colors really go honky with the 6D and require such
extensive tonal correction to keep things from going gut-wrench
horrid. While I love the sharpness of the images (dead-on, no AA
issues), and the more manageable highlight clipping, the 6D is great
in colors if you can keep stuff right dead-center. But start cranking
the lightroom sliders around and you'll have to deep dive into
individual color channel saturation settings and curves.

AG Schnozz