Re: [OM] hike yesterday

Subject: Re: [OM] hike yesterday
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 15:20:24 -0700
Navigating your images is not easy but the landscapes they depict  > are so
stunning that it is 100% worth the effort.
Thanks! I know it isn't user friendly. I use the web space as parking for images and other docs. I prefer to just email a link. I always plan on creating a slideshow...but stuff happens :) I think I may create a yearly album.

Lovely! I'm starting to recognize some mountain profiles.
Yes, There are only so many choice places that I can reach in a day so they get visited frequently. Upper Anderson Lakes is one of my favorite destinations. It is relatively close but requires off-trail bushwacking so isn't much frequented. However I notice more of a "trail" each time we visit.   Total hike was only 12-14km but half was cross country. We did the 'swack up the the upper lakes which consist of two plus a seldom visited tarn way above the main lakes. Above the tarn we traversed across a steep rocky slope which used to be Watson Glacier 30 years ago, RIP. Then down and CC around Watson Lakes (first link) which you may remember and back to the truck via the trail.

<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/UpAndersonLks2017/Anderson-Watson_09-14_0035.jpg>

steaming...

<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/UpAndersonLks2017/Anderson-Watson_09-14_0124.jpg>

GusGus

<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/UpAndersonLks2017/Anderson-Watson_09-14_0078.jpg>

Just not long enough, or close enough without help
Well, the 75-300 is just too bulky to carry and really should be tripod mounted. And I did have the 9-18 which is tiny and the perfect companion to the 14-150. I have considered the MCON-P01 (which I believe that you have Moose?)

Pup and I are off again soon, Fresh snow in the mountains and fall color really getting going. Berries are ripe. You might recognize some of the scenery from previous years.