[OM] OT: Static IP

Subject: [OM] OT: Static IP
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2017 12:28:41 +0100
Someone on the List will know . . .

Yesterday I switched to a static IP address (on the WAN, not my LAN) and this
morning, after switching on my gateway everything is very slow.  The BBC
website appeared swiftly enough, but any link on that page was slow or
stationary.

Has anyone any experience of switching from dynamic to static?  The last time I
switched it was from static to dynamic a few years ago, on changing ISP, and
the result seemed to be a slowdown then.

Anyway, I’ve been away with limited mobile Internet so I’m a little behind; I
promise to catch up soon.

Chris