[OM] [OT] Amazing

Subject: [OM] [OT] Amazing
From: Willie Wonka via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 00:50:45 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
I was listening to a BBC segment with regards launching satellites and it was
amazing to hear how far along the state of the art of technology has progressed.
There was a detailed description of a Japanese-made satellite purchased by the
government of Ghana to monitor the algae growth in river banks and coastal
areas of West Africa. It uses the International Space Station as a launching
platform. Its diameter is only 10 cm, can you believe? To put this in
perspective, in this limited amount of space there is:
1. High resolution camera2. Communication Module3. Data Storage Unit4. Power
Source
5. Who knows what else, the above are just my guesses, but the most amazing
part is that everything is well protected from the space elements.
Well, this is a photography list and staying almost on topic...what kind of
high-resolution lens fits in such small package.
Amazing
Best
Boris