Re: [OM] Recent review of OMZ 24mm/2.8 on A7 series--Is the latest versi

Subject: Re: [OM] Recent review of OMZ 24mm/2.8 on A7 series--Is the latest version a different optical formula?
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 19:16:18 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx

<<The 24/2.8 has such a close rear-exit pupil to the sensor that I suspect
<<that the angle of incidence is too great for most full-frame sensors, as
<<well as any film with lateral halation issues like Provia.

Interesting comments AG, thanks.  Undoubtedly the vignetting is worse than
using film and even on the A7R11 I think the corner performance is not as good.
 Even though it is a SLR lens the exit pupil situation and FL may be such that
the sensor stack thickness mucks it up a tad--I have seen it documented for the
C/Y 35-70 as corners seemed better with the Kolari mod especially not stopped
down.   This guy has interesting posts as well as the nice review--see this:

https://phillipreeve.net/blog/rangefinder-wide-angle-lenses-on-a7-cameras-problems-and-solutions/#Zeiss_ZM_28mm_28_Biogon

Mike