[OM] Sharpness

Subject: [OM] Sharpness
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 19:48:47 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
>From a theoretical perspective the photon wells on FF will be much deeper and
>thus lower noise.  Also less enlargement required to achieve final viewing
>size so that the aberrations and diffraction effects should be less apparent,
>and thus more effective resolution on FF.   Also more diffraction effects
>sooner on the MFT.   Many other variables will affect this including the AA
>filter, lenses, technique, ? use of HR mode on MFT.  The engineers should
>chime in.

See Maestro Moose post last year:

http://lists.tako.de/Olympus-OM/2016-09/msg00500.html

Especially this Moose rollover:

"I found the same sort of thing, where the slightly higher resolution of the
810 is offset by loads of false color."

 <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/X-T1_E-M1_D750/FON.htm>

Problem with   Oly MFT is that they can't increase the megapickels much more
w/o an AA filter so can use HR mode.  They should develop an electronic version
that Nykon has so it can be switched "off"--actually they used an additional
electronic one to exactly cancel the first one.  Then we can have our cake and
eat it too.

 More cake please, Mike