Re: [OM] Identity of a port city

Subject: Re: [OM] Identity of a port city
From: "Michael R. Collins" <MRC.OlympusList@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 09:56:34 -0400
What puzzles me is, what vantage point was it shot from? Quality of the photo hints at late 60s through 70s, and it's probably from the middle of the river, but I'm sure there was nothing on the islands that high (not even any of the Expo 67 buildings), nor in a position for that angle.

More likely an aerial shot. Perhaps: Air Canada's subsidiary Airtransit ran a STOL service with Twin Otters (DHC-6-300) between Montréal and Ottawa in '74-76' IIRC (flew it a few times myself), and the Montréal terminal was on a converted Expo '67 parking lot. So possibly shot from the window coming in from or going out to Ottawa?

Michael