Re: [OM] Technology Survey

Subject: Re: [OM] Technology Survey
From: David Thatcher <plusphoto@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2017 01:43:22 +1030
On Fri, Nov 03, 2017 at 07:49:47PM +0100, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
> That was my reaction too. And I found the tone patronising. I started the
> survey but bailed out around midway.
>
> Cheers,
> Nathan

Which question was it that broke you?

I ran the survey and it seemed to be a fairly standard question
sequence. They grab a bunch of responses to questions that are just a
little bit tailored to confirm what they already believe and then weed
out the serious outliers with a sequence of 'do you suffer from
depression' questions. No doubt someone  will use the filtered
thesis.

I'm a Freemason.  South Australia's grand lodge is across the road from
the Adelaide University,  the main educator of physicians in SA. As such
I receive regular invitations to  participate in these sorts of surveys,
and in my case they are with an emphasis on men's health (it's still a
purely fraternal organisation - for now anyway :)). "Unfortunately"  I
usually don't fit the profile of who they want to survey (overweight,
hypertensive, diabetic, in a permanent relationship, etc.).

davidt