Re: [OM] Technology Survey

Subject: Re: [OM] Technology Survey
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2017 11:50:51 -0700
On 11/4/2017 9:45 AM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
I got turned off by the questions on whether help was available when I needed
it, whether my family thought I should go online etc. The reality is that I
have been using the internet since 1983, and when someone in the family has a
problem I am usually the one who solves it. Clearly the survey was not aimed at
me.

I don't blame you. OTOH, those doing the survey seem to have some inaccurate assumptions about computer/internet use by older folks. By refusing to refute them, you skew the survey in favor of their assumptions.

I went ahead and answered all the silly questions. But then, I spent part of my business career running a department that ran customer surveys, among other things, so I may have a soft spot. :-)

Moose D'Opinion