Re: [OM] Technology Survey

Subject: Re: [OM] Technology Survey
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2017 09:38:23 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     My first computer was a discarded business machine with a 4K rotating drum
memory and a pair of converted RTTY terminals for interfacing.  It used punched
tape and had a mask over a small CRT that showed you the address and
accumulator busses as you went along.  That was in high school in 1968/69.

     My first personal computer was an Atari 800 that I got in 1981, and I
still have it carefully packed away.

>My first computer was a Radio Shack TRS-80.  I used it to home-school my
>kids starting in 1980.  The school board came to inspect and were very
>impressed that all 4 kids could use and program the computer.  I seem to
>remember that we had a dial-up connection to the web, but that may have
>been a few years later.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson