Re: [OM] Sensor Tails . . . [was IMG: October]

Subject: Re: [OM] Sensor Tails . . . [was IMG: October]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2017 16:42:11 -0800
On 11/5/2017 3:30 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
It's a difficult choice, Moose.  In your capable hands,

Oh, I should have given more detail. These are all direct from the camera JPEGs. I did no processing other than aligning, slight crop and downsampling, all identical. I did confirm that they all would have looked the same if processed from Raw.

This is a tough test to do, in some ways. The depth from lens mount face to tripod screw varies by more than half an inch, so there is a slight difference in magnification. Offset from base plate to center of lens also varies, so perspective is slightly different, too.

They don't all come up with the same exposure, but if I match the exposures, they still don't look exposed quite the same, as they have different default curves.

This was subtle colors in deep shade. Now, I'm looking at shots of bright
flowers in bright sun. Then there's . . .

they are all very nice images.  I  have a tie between A and C.

No IDs yet. :-)

Details Moose